Greetings Imagine Leeland Families,
I want to officially welcome all the new and returning families to the 2017-2018 school term! As the summer comes to a close, I anticipate an exciting year as we collectively strive to foster a culture of learning, model character, and high academic achievement. I am privileged to have the opportunity to return this school year as your Principal; I’m honored to work with this community of highly qualified teachers and staff, young scholars, and supportive parents/families! Here are a few highlights in place to enhance/support the academic structure and culture of our school.
- Additional course offerings for middle school: Algebra 1, Accelerated Math 7, Journalism, and Honors ELA
- AVID for middle school
- Creative Arts program.
- Improved website
- Additional new computers
- Tech devices for middle school students
- New uniform vendor
- New reading program for all grade levels
- Technology upgrades: phones/phone system/teacher voicemail boxes
- I-Ready Reading online intervention program
Please mark your calendars for the following dates:
- Thursday August 31st – Kindergarten orientation @ 5:00pm – 6:30pm.
- Monday September 4th – School Closed For All Staff & Students.
- Wednesday September 6th – 1st day of school for all students. “DAP DAY” – All male families members are requested to join us at 8:00am on the front side walk to shake hands with all of our students.
- Monday September 11th – Back-To-School Night; 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
I would like to emphasize an invitation for you to become active in your child’s education this year. Take time to volunteer in our classrooms, school assemblies and activities, or enjoy lunch with your child. As we strive to inculcate our scholars with the social and intellectual skills to become world leaders, your collaborative support is essential!
Enjoy the remainder of your summer!
Lance Cortez Pace