Greetings Imagine Leeland Families
I want to officially welcome all the new and returning families to the 2016-2017 school term! As the summer comes to a close, I anticipate an exciting year as we collectively strive to foster a culture of learning, model character, and high academic achievement. I am privileged to have the opportunity to return this school year as your Principal; I’m honored to work with this community of highly qualified teachers and staff, young scholars, and supportive parents/families! Here are a few highlights in place to enhance/support the academic structure and culture of our school.
- Creative Arts program.
- Facebook; an official school page to communicate with families (new).
- High school credit for Spanish option for middle school students and an introductory Spanish course for 5th grade students (new).
- Imagine Leeland App to communicate with families (new).
- Mentoring program (new).
- National Elementary Honor Society and National Junior Honor Society.
- PBIS; added components/activities (new).
- School Newspaper Club (new).
Please mark your calendars for the following dates:
- Thursday August 18, 2016 – Kindergarten Orientation @ 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Tuesday August 23, 2016 – 1st day of school; school begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:10pm daily.
- Tuesday August 30, 2016 – Back-to-School Night @ 5:45pm – 8:00pm
I would like to emphasize an invitation for you to become active in your child’s education this year. Take time to volunteer in our classrooms, school assemblies and activities, or enjoy lunch with your child. Also, please set a goal to be an active member of our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and Watch D.O.G.S. (DADS OF GOOD STUDENTS). As we strive to inculcate our scholars with the social and intellectual skills to become world leaders, your collaborative support is essential! Lastly, please see the attached applicable school supply list(s) and note that an updated Parent-Student Handbook will be distributed during Back-to-School Night.
Enjoy the remainder of your summer!
Lance Cortez Pace